POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : n_to_national_healt =?ISO-8 : Re: Can anyone explain America's opposition to national health care? Server Time
9 Oct 2024 14:20:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can anyone explain America's opposition to national health care?
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 15 Aug 2009 00:59:14
Message: <4a8640a2$1@news.povray.org>
On 08/14/09 17:29, andrel wrote:
>> From my perspective, that was a talk that gives a good argument
>> against the Canadian system. It's really crappy that she found a way
>> to push herself to the front of the line.
>>
> I don't think so. The real problem is the line.
>
> Would you find it better if she could have bought an earlier operation?

	If it didn't push people back, then yes (i.e. if there's a separate
system of doctors who get paid directly, and who don't deal with the
people normally in the line).

	The real problem may be the line. However, her jumping it likely caused
problems for others. How can that not be negative?

> I am working in a hospital in Amsterdam and even here that helps for
> certain procedures. In any country, in any system knowing the physician
> helps. So IMHO that in no way disqualifies the Canadian system.

	And somehow, it seems to go against the whole point of having a
publicly funded system. Not all that different from only providing care
to pay for it. Both ways, you just learn to play the system to your
advantage, at the expense of others.

--
When a toast with butter falls from your hand, it always falls on the
butter side.

When a cat falls from a height, it always lands on her feet.

If you tie a buttertoast over a cat with the butterside to the top, and
let both fall, what will face the floor, the butter or the feet?